Watch this 1-1/2 hour brilliant presentation by Ivor Cummins regarding Vitamin D3 supplementation, sun exposure and the dangers of using sunscreen.
Don’t forget the other important fat-soluble vitamins. DEAK (D3 + E + A + K2). You need to take these with fat; they are known as fat-soluble vitamins. See my other posts on Vitamin K2 and Our Irrational Fear of the Sun
What I buy from Amazon:
4 Times a Week (Sat-Sun-Tue-Thu): Vitamin D3 – 5000 UI
3 Times a Week (Mon-Wed-Fri): Vitamin D3 with K2, and Vitamin A
3 Times a Week (Mon-Wed-Fri): Vitamin E Complex
Here is a list of vitamins that I take. It is important to realize that vitamins need to supplement your meals. They should not be taken without the foods that they supplement. For example, consume vitamins B and C with vegetables. Vitamins D,E,A and K2 need to be consumed with fat because they are fat-soluble. These are all critical nutrients for the regeneration and maintenance of brain cells!
This is also very important: you cannot overcome a bad diet with supplements. If you continue to eat sugar, grains and over-consume fruits, then the effectiveness of vitamin supplements will be greatly diminished. I am not surprised by news citing “studies” that question the effectiveness of vitamins. The people they studied continued to eat poorly! Targeted vitamin supplementation will help you recover from chronic conditions only if you also correct what you eat. I also believe that these vitamins and minerals are universally necessary even for healthy people because the foods we eat today are grown and raised in nutrient deficient soil.
This is my starter kit. There are more supplements that we should take, but these are the critical ones.
Also: I do not fear vitamin toxicity. The amounts taken here are well below any dangerous levels. The U.S. Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for all vitamins is wimpy! For example, the RDA for D3 is 600 IU. I read that your skin will produce 10,000 IU with just 20-30 minutes of sun exposure. Sun exposure without sunscreen is the best way to get Vitamin D. See this post about Vitamin D3 for more information.
Coconut Oil & MCT Oil
This is a critical part of my ketogenic diet. My health decline took a dramatic turnaround within a few days of beginning a four tablespoon per day Coconut-MCT Oil regimen. I take it like medicine because it is!
The liver converts Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) to ketone bodies (a form of fatty acids). Ketones are an alternate fuel for the brain. Some researchers say that the brain prefers ketones over glucose. Recent research has found that when both fuels are present, brain cells prefer ketones and ketones produce fewer oxidative by-products than glucose.
Articles / Books / Videos
- Book: Alzheimer’s Disease: What If There Was a Cure – Amazon
- Book: Stop Alzheimer’s Now – Amazon
- Coconut Oil Touted As Alzheimer’s Remedy – News Broadcast
- Alzheimer’s Doctors Taking Note Of Coconut Oil – News Broadcast
- How To Upgrade Your Brain with Coconut Oil & Ketones – Audio 1.5 hours
Where I Buy:
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Costco
- Refined Coconut Oil (Flavorless) – Whole Foods
- MCT Oil – Amazon
Vitamin K2 is an Essential Nutrient!
My results from supplementing with Vitamin K2:
- I started taking K2 after reading about its neurological benefits. A persistent tremor in my right-hand index finger that I had for six months disappeared within 24-hours after taking my first K2 tablet…I have never seen the tremor again.
- One month later my 11-year old daughter and I noticed that my teeth were whiter. I also realized that sensitivity between molars when flossing had greatly diminished and that my gums no longer bled. So I Googled white teeth and nutrition and came across Vitamin K2! I found numerous links regarding Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D3 for oral, bone and heart health.
- At my next dental cleaning there was very little gum bleeding compared to previous visits. Pocket depth measurements of my gums also returned to normal depth. My cleaning also took less time as there was far less tarter buildup.
Note that I made other dietary changes during this period, however I have found a lot of supporting evidence and testimonials on the Internet regarding K2 and improved oral health.
Articles / Books / Videos
- Video – Good 6-Minute Overview of K2
- Health News Clip – 5-minute clip of interview with a health professional
- Article – Long article, but a great read from Weston Price Foundation
- Book – amazing research results of 14 societies that had no tooth decay and vibrant health. Dr. Weston Price, published in 1938.
- Book – I have not read this book
- Dr. Kate Rhéaume-Bleue Shines Light On Vitamin K2
- Vitamin K2: The Missing Link Between Diet, Disease and Death
Where I Buy K2:
- I take this K1-K2 Complex Formula: Amazon
- This is K2 only: Amazon
- I add 1-2 drops to scrambled eggs for the kids: Amazon
Look for the MK-7 version of K2 that is extracted from Natto. Always consult with your own doctor or healthcare provider.