Insulin…is at the heart of the most pervasive chronic diseases: obesity, heart disease, and even cancer. Suppressing the secretion of insulin is the key to…“chronic health” and peak performance.
Author Archives: Uncle Pete
Watch this 1-1/2 hour brilliant presentation by Ivor Cummins regarding Vitamin D3 supplementation, sun exposure and the dangers of using sunscreen.
Don’t forget the other important fat-soluble vitamins. DEAK (D3 + E + A + K2). You need to take these with fat; they are known as fat-soluble vitamins. See my other posts on Vitamin K2 and Our Irrational Fear of the Sun
What I buy from Amazon:
4 Times a Week (Sat-Sun-Tue-Thu): Vitamin D3 – 5000 UI
3 Times a Week (Mon-Wed-Fri): Vitamin D3 with K2, and Vitamin A
3 Times a Week (Mon-Wed-Fri): Vitamin E Complex
How the Internet saved my life and can save yours from The Anointed (medical experts and government dietary guidelines)
Ivor Cummins is obviously a gifted Chemical Engineer from Dublin, Ireland. He has posted videos of two brilliant seminars that he presented to his colleagues in 2014 regarding his biochemical engineering root cause analysis of cholesterol and inflammatory disease.
I completed a Chemical Engineering degree originally and have subsequently spent 25 years primarily in Engineering Lead and Engineering Manager positions. I have worked in the Medical Device, Special Purpose Equipment and Electronic Component industries, always gravitating towards the most complex interactions where the Physics comes alive. My specialty throughout has been leadership in Complex Problem Solving Methodology (Comparative Analysis, Mechanistic Analysis and Experimental/Statistical Inference) – the ultimate destination was always Root Cause Resolution in the minimum timeframe.
Following less-than-ideal blood test results mid last year, I went back to my Biochemical Engineering roots and intensively studied the mechanistic physics and primary drivers of Dyslipidemia, elevated GGT and Serum Ferritin; as the journey became a fixation I also analysed several hundred related papers and studies carried out over the past 5 decades, and a few prior to this period. I found the value of the technical expertise gained during my career to be of paramount, indeed crucial importance in this odyssey. I thus realized that to be successful in determining root cause and solution in this complex arena, required far more than a general medical background.
- The Root Cause of Appetite Dysfunction, Obesity, Diabetes and Inflammatory Disease
- The Cholesterol Conundrum – and Root Cause Solution
These seminars are long, but some of the most informative ones you will find on these topics….again, two brilliant seminars! You will learn much.
The Fat Emperor
Wall Street Journal Article: The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease
Humans adapted to life under the sun over millions of years, but modern western medical advise is to avoid the sun’s UV radiation by wearing sunglasses and applying sunscreen. These “healthy” guidelines became popular in the 1940’s.
- Some studies have cited data that the incidence of skin cancer is higher among populations that live further from the equator and that people who work outside actually have lower rates of melanoma. We get less sun exposure then at any time in history, yet skin cancer rates are increasing.
- Sunscreen ointments are not proven to reduce skin cancer; they are only proven to reduce sunburn. Some studies suggest that sunscreen may actually be a cause of skin cancer by creating vitamin D deficiencies. Vitamin D deficiencies are at epidemic levels. Low levels of vitamin D is also common in many chronic modern diseases, including Alzheimer’s.
- Sunglasses do more than block the UV spectrum; they also filter portions of the visible spectrum, depending on the color of the lens. We create artificial light by wearing sunglasses. Also note that UV protection ratings of sunglasses is not enforced or tested; we are trusting that the manufacturer label is true. Dark colored sunglasses cause the pupil to remain unnaturally open. If these dark lenses do not block UV radiation as claimed by the manufacturer one would be allowing more UV light into their eyes!
- I stopped wearing sunglasses and the sun no longer appears too bright. There are rare times when sunglasses with UV radiation protection may make sense, such as on a bright beach or in bright snow or for pilots flying in airplanes at abnormally high altitudes, but they are not required for most situations.
Happy 4th of July…fear not God’s only Sun!
- Does Avoiding The Sun Shorten Your Lifespan?
- Common Myths About Sunglasses That Can Hurt You
- The Paleo Guide to Sunbathing
In 1961 and 1984 Time magazine published cover stories citing that dietary saturated fat and cholesterol was the cause of heart disease:
Here is the June 12, 2014 cover story that finally points to the truth!
Ending The War on Fat
“Don’t Blame Fat. For decades, it has been the most vilified nutrient in the American diet. But new science reveals fat isn’t what’s hurting our health.”
Video: The Truth About Fat. Though not really the truth, this video points people in the right direction.
Annals of Internal Medicine – 18 March 2014
Association of Dietary, Circulating, and Supplement Fatty Acids With Coronary Risk: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Conclusion: Current evidence does not clearly support cardiovascular guidelines that encourage high consumption of polyunsaturated fatty acids and low consumption of total saturated fats.